Saturday, December 10, 2011

Messing with CryENGINE 3 SDK

After finishing Aztlan I have recovered my social life, well a part of it (lucky me!!). So, I spend all my spare time on my own projects.

As I looking for a job, I started reading some books about C++, OpenGL and Artificial Intelligence for games.  I wanted to refresh my mind for possible tests, and prototyping some game mechanics. I did one using Unity for a company in Barcelona, but I don't want to advance anything before they tell me something :P.

On the other hand I have started messing with CryENGINE 3 SDK. Why? Well... It's a really great engine. I'm a little overwhelmed with all the classes and infinite options of the editor. But, all beginnings are thus.

I did 2 tests. The first one was to generate the CryGame.dll breaking the least. I made some changes to the player turning and here is the result:



The second one, It was to make a basic AI implementation. Two factions fighting each other. Allies vs Grunts:



I need more time with the engine... I will post more as things progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment